Wireless Community Weekend 2008
- 1 Wireless Community Weekend aka wcw2008
- 2 when
- 3 where
- 4 who will be there
- 5 TimeTable Updated
- 6 Hacknight wishlist
- 7 tagging
- 8 communication
- 9 sleeping
- 10 lost and found
- 11 press service
- 12 feedback and personal goals
- 13 see also
- 14 web links
Wireless Community Weekend aka wcw2008
Starting Friday 2nd May till Sunday 4th May freifunk.net, c-base and the Berlin community invite you to the "Freifunk Wireless Community Weekend" at the c-base spacestation in Berlin.
Topics of this years gettogether are routing protocols, hardware, firmware and layer 8. We are especially looking forward to have presentations of data and papers describing what is really going on in the freifunk wireless mesh networks. Further on we will talk about opportunities for the future of wireless community networks and how to make it easier for content creators to actually publish content on their wireless routers and in the network. Proposed presentations include topics like p2p clients for wireless networks or wireless mesh for local mikro fm distribution. Another area becoming more and more relevant is the legal environment for community networks and new legeslative measures in the EU. We invite experts, lawmakers and enterprises to work with us on a guide to best practices for freifunk node and Internet gateway operators.
As in previous years, we will provide open spaces for the community in the c-base to discuss and work on projects. As well we will have a number of special guests in the evening presenting the latest creative commons hits and of course the legendary freifunk BBQ.
- Friday 2 May - Sunday 4 May 2008
- c-base space station, Rungestrasse 20 10179 Berlin Germany Terra
- c-base e.V.
- Google Map of c-base entrance
- S+U Jannowitzbrücke, City Railway and Subway Station (Info of BVG, Berlin Public Transport Company)
- e.t.i is near cbase - in alley towards the street
who will be there
check out and sign in! WCW08:participants
Wednesday 30 April
- As usual many Berlin freifunkers meet up in the c-base in the evening for the weekly "WaveLoeten" Stammtisch. Early birds for the wcw2008 are welcome!
Thursday 1 May
- It's labour day. Have a good time with the telekommunisten and some freifunkes at c-base or enjoy the city. The official program of the wcw2008 will start Friday ;-) There is a telekommunisten party at the c-base in the evening.
Friday 2 May Program
You can add workshops and panels if you want to give one.
|Doors open||10:00||c-base||organisers and you!||Having a look around c-base space station, meeting nice people, setup the event, ordering Drinks|
|Setup of Conference Space||15:30, 10 min||E.T.I.||organisers||we create a nice and comfortable space :-)|
|Welcome by organisers||17:50, 10 min||E.T.I.||organisers||what's going on, how the event works|
|Mikro FM||18:00, 45 min||E.T.I||Johannes, kth5||mikro.fm|
|Freifunk video screening||19:30 open end||mainhall/c-base||Mario and you!||Screenings of Freifunk videos from around the world, and get together. Have a look at video.freifunk.net // Rundfreifunk|
|B B Q / HackNight||20:00||river-bank c-base||hein-c and you!||DAS ESSEN IST FERTG|
Saturday 3 May Program
You can add workshops and panels if you want to give one
|Name/Title||Time/Duration||Location||Done by||Notes||presentation Download|
|foo bar||13:00, 30 min||E.T.I.||foo and You!||many commercial providers lose interest in providing infrastructure, how to motivate people to join?|
|Community Track/ Weimar||14:00, 45 min||E.T.I.||bastian||http://weimar.freifunk.net
|OpenWrt-D E V||15:00, 1.15 h||E.T.I.||nbd||activities/review of the last 12 month OpenWrt-dev|
|OpenWrt on soekris boards||16:15 30min||E.T.I.||ulf_k||OpenWrt|
|Community Track /WLAN Community Berlin Nord-Ost||16:45, 20 min||E.T.I.||keks + Glockman||Ein kleiner Überblick/ overview (abstract)-> Erfahrungen/ experience-> Community-Life, Community Building http://www.freifunk-bno.de|
|Horst tool||17:15 30 min||E.T.I.||BruNo, Sven-Ola Tuecke||WLAN analysis with the horst tool|
|Community Track /Rete Libere in Italia - ninux.org||19:00, 10 min||E.T.I.||Saverio, Nino, Claudio, Simone, Sandro||Overview of free wireless activities in Italy and Roma :-) (http://ninux.org)|
|OpenHardware||19:35 45 min||E.T.I.||JuergeN||OpenHardware Initiative event Taiwan Open Tech Summit Taiwan|
|Offene Netze und Recht // Discussion Panel||19:45 45 min||E.T.I. Cafeteria||Reto Mantz||Rechtsfragen offener Netze "Free Wireless and the law" Reto Mantz wrote a Doctoral Thesis about it and will let us know what he found out. and discussion panel together with Reto Mantz, Markus Beckedahl, Stefan Ziller, Juergen Neumann, Cven, Kloschi, elektra etc.|
|FFLuCI - Freifunk Lua Configuration Interface||20:15 30 min||E.T.I||Cyrus||next generation Lua Webinterface for Kamikaze|
|News from the B.A.T.M.A.N. world||23:42 60 min||E.T.I.||Marek, Simon, Elektra, Axel||Insight into the evolution of the B.A.T.M.A.N. algorithm - from protocol version III to version IV and from OSI layer 3 to layer 2|
all the ad-hoc workshops will take place in the seminar room
- B.A.T.M.A.N. tutorial with elektra 17.00
- git tutorial by BruNo 23:00
mainhall hackcenter (Irgendwo an einem Tisch)
- Arduino microcontroller (+ OpenWrt?) - Keks
- serial connector 'n' stuff - description from Hardhack - steph
- Idea for a
3D Node positioningGoogle Earth Tool for visualizing PTP connections. New version with fancy interactive node connection feature
- Idea for a
- Evening Get together, BBQ and creative commons music
Sunday 4 May Program
You can add workshops and panels if you want to give one
|dialstation||16:00, 45 min||mainhall||t||telekommunisten|
|EXCURSION in Wriezener Open Space Lab||13:00||treffpunkt/meeting place Helsingforser Str., 100m from U/S-Bahn Warschauer Strasse||ulf_k, AlexT, tetzlav||guided tour, project presentation, ad-hoc brunch (DIY!) and open workshop at the wriezener freiraum labor Bring your APs and WiFi gear and join us in the park!|
|Meshsimulator||15:00 20 min||Runder Tisch||Tobias Kräntzer||Simulator to prove concepts for mesh applications (layer 7 and above). Please join me and give me some feedback. Thanks!|
|Freifunk Meta||15:00 60 min||mainhall or seminar room||anyone who wants||The role of associations and societies in the freifunk environment|
|Freifunk Network News||16:00, 45 min||main hall||DanielP||public IP's and tincVPN at Berlin Freifunk Net|
|blog-tag-connect||17:00, 30 min||main hall||Mario||How blogs, wikis, social networks and all the other stuff foster freifunk and push the idea of free and open wireless mesh networks into mainstream and why we should do more of that (Also see: global freifunk newswire, Freifunkblog, Medienspiegel)|
|Good Bye||18:00, 10 min||mainhall||cven and everyone||Closing ceremony and thanks of the organizers|
- Do it your Self Antenna
- Fon WLAN router Flashing/WLAN router new Linux Software installation
- Test of batman with robin (run a dozen or more fon/open-mesh routers in c-base)
- what is needed to reduce power to 1watt; vision of renewable powered cableless ap
- Ideas for Google Summer of Code - application and how we will get it next time
- Howto for Freimap
- teaching others how to freifunk... barrier-free networks, socio-pedagogical developments, and gender-mainstreaming the wireless community. who's interested???
- New Hardware Base / New Freifunk standart router?
- beginners' meeting (for friends, girlfriends, neighbors, your mom...)
- building batman-advanced and babel mesh: wcw08-experiment
Please tag with: freifunk, wcwberlin2008, wcw, wireless community weekend, wcw2008
Add social services here please
- england: uk.ircnet.org
- places for selected guests in k:ita: WCW08:k-ita
lost and found
please add any information on lost and found equipments, clothes etc. here
- found: Delta AC Adapter
- found :
Fujitzu AC Adapterback to owner
- on May 3rd I wanted to do an interview with Reto Mantz and prepared a cam with tripod at the E.T.I. entrance hall. Unfortunately someone took the cam when I went to the next room for a couple of minutes. Someone might have secured it and handed it to people in the c-base. Then please let me know. Or did anyone see someone who has taken it? Mario +49 176 24387682
- Ersa Soldering Iron & soldering lot from the tinkerconnertable - stephanie
Presseanfragen an das Redaktionsteam von freifunk.net bitte über das Kontaktformular. In der Regel beantworten wir Anfragen innerhalb von 24 Stunden.
For press enquiries please use our contact form. We will usually answer within 24 hours.
- Freifunk Wireless Community Weekend 2008, Presstext von Sven Wagner aka cven, May 1, 2008 (Deutsch)
- Please refer to: Medienspiegel
- News about freifunk and the community in the blog blog.freifunk.net.
- Videos and TV coverage at video.freifunk.net.
- Syndicated Freifunk-Blogs from all over the world global.freifunk.net.
Freifunk Tag Search
feedback and personal goals
how did you like the wcw2008? what can we/you do better? where do you want to get involved more? what are your personal goals until the next WCW 2009? Please let us know!
i liked/i think ... can be improved
Please add your opinion here...
i think we can do better...
keine vorträge für tage ankündigen an denen keine stattfinden! war am fr. zwecks vortrag da und etwas enttäuscht das ich zwar den veranstaltungsmehrpreis an der bar zahlen musste, ansonsten aber keine veranstaltung war.. aber am sonnabend wars super!!
i want to get involved more in...
my personal goals until the next wcw are...
war am Anfang schon etwas befremdend, aber habe nette Leute kennengelernt. Super fand ich die Bereitschaft produktiv an kleinen Projekten zu arbeiten (sama-20mbit-uplink)
- Wireless Community Weekend 2009
- B.A.T.M.A.N. and Wcw08-experiment
- WCW 2008 Participants - Please register
- Wireless Community Weekend 2006
- Wireless Community Weekend 2007
- Please add Media Coverage of the event into the Medienspiegel
- Freifunkblog, 30.4.2008, Last Preparations for the Freifunk Wireless Community Weekend 2008 in Berlin
- Freifunkblog, 22.12.2007, Wireless Community Weekend 2008 in Berlin
- cven's personal c-log
in the press